|The list of terms which were turned into a notebook page. Illustrations by R11.|
Some of the concepts on the list for R11 for geometry this year (some of them I9 will do as well. His 4th grade list is shorter):
- metric units
- coordinate planes
- volume of a cube or rectangular prism
- metric and customary unit conversion
- protractor and compass- lines and line segments, etc
- drawing angles
- drawing shapes
- congruent angles and porportion
- area of triangle, parallelogram
- Pi and the Circumference of a circle
To add to our math journals, I had the kids make a notebook page about the new geometry terms. They did a nice job and they are doing well at remembering all the new words.
|They could easily see the size of an angle by using two pencils.|
|Measuring angles yesterday....this one is 180 degrees.|
The kids are enjoying the unit. We do these new geometry concepts roughly three times a week and we do Life of Fred at least one other day and on the off days we do a math adventure of some sort.