Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday J6!

Oh.my.goodness. My youngest is SIX  years old today. What happened? Where did the time go? J6 is one of kind. He does NOT like the nickname that goes with his name- in case you ever meet him!

For the record, the stack of books next to the bookcase is pressing flowers!
J6 is independent and this is an understatement! Just look at that outfit he was wearing yesterday. He thought it looked good and there was no telling him otherwise. He can often be heard saying he can't wait until he's 18. That magic number has everything to do with when we can't tell him what he can't do anymore! I know...

He is our engineer. Through and through. He wants to figure everything and anything out and will tell you how anything works after studying it for a few minutes.

He also wants to try things out. All the time. The other day he asked what would happen if he poked a hole in the juice bottle (while we were eating breakfast) and my usual first response is, "We're not going to do that." Then he replies, "When I grow up, I'm going to poke a hole in my juice bottle to see what happens." Now understand that from that we have devised a huge experiment involving 9 bottles to measure the flow rates of different sized and different location holes. (as an aside I mentioned this in my science talk last week and an AP physics teacher was in the audience and he let me know his kids do this experiment and some things to look out for- awesome!).

But, J6 says that about A LOT of things. "When I grow up, I'm going to put water in a jar and turn the oven on as hot as it goes to see the jar explode."

"When I grow up, I'm going to put something in the microwave that doesn't belong and turn it on to see what happens."

"When I grow up..."

Are you getting the picture? He is the sweetest, cuddliest boy with a mind all his own. And he's been like that from there very start.

I could go on telling you stories about his ability to work with snap circuits and operate the battery recycling in our house on a LARGE scale. He is reading anything in sight and has amazing word attack skills- tackling large words in a single bound. It's a pure joy to watch and listen!

It will be a pleasure to watch what God has in mind for this young boy. This is true for all of our children of course. He has made them each very unique to share a glimpse of Himself.  But it's all happening so fast!

Happy Birthday J6. We love you!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday to ALL of your Junebugs!

(You can tell J that once my cousin put a remote in the microwave to keep his brother from getting it and they had to get up to change the channel after that!)

Fairly local said...

I love his goals for when he grows up. It really does not sound like he will grow up. LOL!

Happy birthday to J6!