Monday, May 2, 2011

Miss Bliss Begins to Crochet!

R10 has been asking and waiting patiently for the chance to crochet. I had read reviews saying the Klutz book was the way to go. I don't crochet so I'm not much help in just showing her how! I do knit, but I'm not very good at it, but that has been harder for her to pick up even with the help of Klutz. In her Easter basket, she found the kit and she learned the very same day!

The Klutz Book on Crochet

The Klutz directions are always so easy to follow. She set to work and emerged with a good start!

I think she's got it!

Love to watch those busy hands!

She is very pleased with herself and has been working on a flower using the directions. I love these Klutz kits. They provide well written directions and everything you need to get started on a few projects. She's been crocheting like crazy.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Klutz is a favorite around here too. Way to go with the crochet.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to hear that you are crocheting, R10! It has skipped a few generations, but I will send you a scrap of something that your great-great grandmother (my mother's mother) crocheted. She crocheted a great deal.

love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Both our mothers, R10's great grandmother's, were avid crocheters and tatters. So she should be a natural:).

Love Nanni

Penney Douglas said...

There are some good videos on YouTube for learning how to crochet, too. My 11 yr old daughter just learned from watching them. She has been working on it for about 3 weeks now. It's neat to see her crocheting while I'm reading aloud to all the kids. She wants to make a doll.

Heather said...

Mom,

I know your mom crocheted a tons and I thought Grandma knitted tons. However, I'm going to say that this type of handwork skill skipped my generation! I am the WORST knitter! My needles still get stuck together. I've never tried to crochet because I always like how knitted things look better.

Heather