Thursday, December 9, 2010

Leaves in Oil Pastel and Ink: The Product

This was a great project for the kids. In some of them you can see lots of lines and others not so much. J5's on the upper right shows all kinds of meticulousness!

Clockwise from the upper left: R10, J5, I8, and E12


This is the wall in our dining room- uh of those five frogs only three are left and the little one needs to watch his back. Ahem.

I am looking forward to what we can replace these with during the Advent and Christmas seasons. I hope to find something to work on for tomorrow. These floating frames have worked out great. I was tired of cutting art paper to frame sizes and now I can accommodate the larger paper.

6 comments:

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

These are awesome drawings!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Floating frames? Tell me more!

Shauna said...

LOVE!!!! You've inspired me to get out my oil pastels.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Yes--I want to know about those frames, too! Love the pictures!

Heather said...

The frames are from AC Moore in their floating frame area. It's a plastic frame with nothing but glass. So there is no backing to the frame. This way whatever isn't the picture is just clear around it.

Pretty cool. If you don't have AC Moore try Hobby Lobby or Michaels or whatever craft store you like best that has caboodles of frames!

Heather

ColleenT said...

We did these this week in our home because of your family's inspiration. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful job!