Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Using Your Child's Dictation as Copywork

My new post is up over at Heart of the Matter!


This month I thought I’d share a little idea I use quite often in our homeschool. Perhaps you are a long time fan of using your child’s own dictation as their copywork/handwriting exercise or this may be new to you. Either way, I hope I can offer some insight into a tried and true method of writing practice at our house.
Many of us are familiar with Charlotte Mason’s method of having our students narrate to us something they’ve read or have been studying. Often times the oral narration translates into writing as the student gets older. There have been times when I simply copy down what my students relay to me so we can put it in their notebook or save it for another task.

Then one day, as I was printing some handwriting paper from our StartWrite program, it hit me. Read more...

No comments: