Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo

I'm sure many of you out there in blogland have heard of NaNoWriMo and are participants yourselves. Much like I do not read much fiction (there...my secret is out!), I do not have much interest in writing it either. However, I learned today via In Our Write Minds, that there is a Young Writer's Program too! So, my two oldest kids signed right up. Hey we are two days in, but only one behind...they can make it up. There are workbooks for elementary, middle, and high school kids. This will be fun for them.

It'll be fun to see what they come up with in a month's time. A novel in 30 days? Go kids go!

4 comments:

Kim @ In Our Write Minds said...

Glad you found out about NaNoWriMo--and even happier that your children are on board. I hope it's a great experience for them!

Heidi said...

My older two girls just signed up too. I mentioned it last year and they didn't have any interest. We even talked about it a month or two ago and they weren't sure. I asked once more today and they both jumped at the chance.

Heather said...

Thanks Kim!

Heidi, I'm glad I'm not the only one jumping in a bit late in the game!

Heather

Heidi said...

No, you are not the only one starting late. My oldest sent a message to Marie's oldest inviting her to sign up and both of Marie's girls signed up the same day we did.