I think some postcards are still trickling in, but for the most part they are here and I'm planning to "Starting the New School Year" activities with them. Things like:
- graphing how many cards we got from each state/country
- pin pointing the location of each landmark/destination on our maps
- researching some of the destinations we haven't heard of before to find out more
- calculating distance between some of the locations
- preparing a reasonable itinerary if we to travel and see the destinations
- finding out which is the closest and furthest away from our home
I'm in the preparation for school mode at the moment and you can see just a glimpse of our workboxes there under the map. This week I vacuumed them all out (dust and cobwebs gather there easily in a basement room) and I took out all of last year's schooling to be put away. Many notebooks stay assembled and we take the content from the previous year out if there isn't much room- like for math.
Anyone else try a postcard exchange? I highly recommend it if you can pull one off through an online community. Such fun!