Sunday, April 19, 2009

Play Dough

J3 loves his play dough! He plays at least once a day. Everyday he has a workbox full of play dough fun. We have a lot of play dough tools. A lot. Every once in a while I rotate the tools so we don't have them all out at once. Recently, I went through the tools and the play doh in our boxes in the craft closet and I got rid of old play doh and switched out some tools. That was productive!

I pulled out the alphabet shapes that you can use with play doughs. What a great preschool item! I bought these at Discount School Supply, but they no longer have them. I know that craft stores sell the Wilson cookie cutters in large bins that have letters in them. We have those too for use in the kitchen of course.

I love the mat. I only wish it had all the letters on it. We had a grand time making the letters and talking about them. This will be nice to have on hand as J3 plays with his favorite play dough.
For inquiring minds, no I do not make my own play dough. I have done it and to be honest I don't like the texture and Play Doh is so inexpensive it doesn't seem worth the time and effort.

1 comment:

kim w said...

I just love the smell of play dough...

It was snowing when I arrived and could not see a thing, but now, we have sun and the Rockies are, indeed beautiful. I gotta say though, love the big blue bear!