Monday, January 28, 2008

The Craft Closet: aka This Week's Focus

So, this is my craft closet. It sits under the stairs in the basement of our split foyer home. So. not the shelves are not the same size. Also, the Elfa shelf set on the floor allows us to take them out and get to a large storage area under the stairs toward the front of the house. I used to have them facing front, but Dan suggested a turn them sideways to allow for even more stuff to be store here. It used to be a little walk in area, but then I put stuff on the floor.

The top shelf is my focus today. Those things were placed there when my oldest two were really little- as in when we first moved in. I still need some of those items, but I am betting that I can hoe out and reorganize and get more things up off of the floor in there. Wish me luck!!

Some other things that need to be tamed are on the floor just outside the closet on the floor next to that chair. One is a basket of books.

Hey- if you have any ideas, shoot them my way. I'm listening!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle R said...

Hello :) I LOVE organizing! My biggest suggestion is to take everything out. Then look at the space. A trip to IKEA would be nice if you have one near you. Sort like things together and put them in labeled containers. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

Jen said...

I'm starting my craft closet tomorrow!!