Friday, November 30, 2007

MOPS- Check it out!!


Well it's about time I said something more about MOPS! MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and it's been a part of my life for about 9 years now. Many of you have probably heard of MOPS or have even been to a meeting, but for those of you who have not, I encourage you to check it out if you have children K age or younger.

MOPS International exists to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.

There are about 5,000 groups all around the world and I bet you can find one near you! Just use the group finder at the MOPS Web Site to begin some good fellowship with women who are in the same boat as you.

Some time I could share my whole MOPS story with you, but for now just know that when we moved so far from home MOPS was an integral part of my survival- just ask Dan! I had been involved in a group in VA before moving here and found a group before we even moved- for me it was part of the deal and even the location of our home has as much to do with where MOPS met as where my husband works! Yeah- it's THAT good.

Not only have I benefited as a mom, but MOPS has given me a wonderful ministry to work with and it's exciting to meet and encourage young moms. After so many years of serving the moms in my group as a leader, I'm now blessed beyond measure to work as a field leader with MOPS. That means I get to encourage MOPS leaders now and visit lots of different groups. It's been really exciting to move into this new area of the MOPS ministry.

This post is really about announcing a new pseudo button in my side bar. Under the MOPS icon, there is a link to the MOPS Web Site. Someday MOPS might have a ready-made button for me, but for now go with the link! I've learned a lot while keeping this blog, but code is not my thang. So, let's not get too crazy!

I'm so much a MOPS mom in addition to a homeschooling mom, that I would be remiss in not sharing it on my blog!

Better Moms Make a Better World,

Heather



No comments: