Friday, November 30, 2007

Cranberry Pictures & Thanksgiving Booklist

The Cranberry Wreaths we made Thanksgiving Day

A liitle after the fact on the book list I realize, but here goes...

An Outlaw Thanksgiving by Emily Arnold McCully
Thanksgiving on Plymouth Plantation by Diane Stanley
Giving Thanks: The 1621 Harvest Feast by Kate Waters
The First Thanksgiving by Jean Craighead George
Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey
The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh
Arthur's Thanksgiving by Marc Brown
...If you Sailed on the Mayflower by Ann McGovern
The Story of Squanto First Friend to the Pilgrims by Cathy Dubowski
A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schulz
Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks by Margaret Sutherland
The Pilgrims of Plimouth by Marcia Sewall
Thank you , Sarah by

This is the artwork on partial view made with oil pastels which are always a favorite!





Here are some notebook pages from Cranberry Thanksgiving




2 comments:

April said...

Your Notebooks are wonderful. I was looking through them today and was wondering a few things.....The album itself? Is it one of the blank spiral scrapbooks from the scrapbook section or are they a blank sketch book of some sort from the office supply section?

Also can you tell me how do you organzine them? How many book topics are covered per notebook?

For the maps and other things do you print them and then let the kids decide when each item gets placed?

I would love to try these out with my own kids I know they would love these!!!

Thanks so much for sharing these,
April in SC

Heather said...

Hmm...think I'll try to leave a comment on my own blog. That's a new one!

April, the books are spiral bound albums from wal mart.

As for how many are topics are in each notebook...well we just fill it up. I don't plan it out really. I just have the kids work on what I want them to do and then they fit it onto some pages. When the books is full I start a new one. At one point they were on sale for nearly $3 a piece so I stocked up.

The printables are completed as we do the corresponding lessons. Sometimes we put them in as we go (social studies items go in, the LA, etc.). Sometimes we put them in at the end of the week. It depends on what else is going on and how things are working out.

They get to choose how things go for the most part. The older they are, the more choice they have.

I hope this helps!