Monday, December 27, 2010

Math Games

My new article is up over at Heart of the Matter. This month it's about Math Games. Here's an intro:

As much of a living math person as I prefer to be in our homeschool, sometimes kids just have to muscle out the math facts. We all know how much of a drudge that can be when your student doesn’t want to play along. So, as most thoughtful teachers will do, I try to think of ways I can sneak those extra practice moments in without making it super dull or super obvious.

Ball toss math practice

Enter games! Yes, there are plenty of math games out there on the market, but you might be surprised at the number of games you can play with your kids that are not specifically known for being math games yet math is pretty central to the game play. I’ll list a few. Read More....

No comments: