Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Portraits of American Girlhood: The Kick Off



So, R10 is starting her first unit of Portraits of American Girlhood which begins with Felicity. We also started the American Girl co-op class last week. Our first girl? Felicity. More on that to come. It is a real joy to teach that class!

If you have a fan of the American Girl collection, then I highly recommend this program written by Cindy Soleto. R and I (as in me) are going to have a terrific time. Yesterday morning before class, we made a raspberry flummery.

So, what's with the video? E12 got a new web cam for his birthday and Dan set him up with some new stop motion software to have fun with. He's thinking Star Wars LEGOS. Of course. BUT, I think we can convince him to help direct an American Girl movie. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, enjoy the talent of this young lady (not our young lady!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic movie, R10 and such good work too E12! I really enjoyed watching it. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to produce it. Great job!

love, Grandma

Heather said...

Oh no! This is not their movie yet Grandma....this is the example I wanted to share!

Their's is yet to come!!

Mary Prather said...

I need to look into this. My nine year old also takes an AG class at co-op and is loving it! American Girl dolls are just so wonderful!