Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Sweet R10!

R's birthday was on Tuesday this week. She is officially 10 years old- double digits!

What can I say about this sweet, wonderful girl? She is a gift. Here are just a few of the things that make R10 special.

  • She's creative and full of energy.
  • She likes to think outside of the ordinary
  • She stands out the girly girl in the midst of three brothers
  • She isn't so girly that she can't enjoy her brothers!
  • she is really good at playing with younger siblings and younger kids in general.
  • She defended her 4yo brother at the playground recently and ended up getting punched for it. She's a stand up girl for sure.
  • She loves to be around other people
  • She loves to have solitude in her room- just her and her book and her craft desk.
  • She loves to sew!
  • She loves to cook
  • She loves to write poetry
  • She loves to explore and go on adventures with her brothers
  • She loves her afternoon tea time
  • She loves a good book
  • She loves her good books and her window seat in her bedroom. Often the two go together.
  • She is a sweet, kind, fun girl.
  • She loves to create.
  • Though you cannot see her face, she is beautiful! You'll have to trust me.
We celebrated with a party last weekend- the first of three this week (yes, I've been out of touch sorry about that!) and I'll be sure to share a few highlights.

Happy Birthday R10. We love you!

2 comments:

Fairly local said...

So sweet! I can tell how proud you are of her. And you should be!

hillaryM said...

We had a birthday girl on the 1st as well. She turned 6. I like how you have listed things that make her special. I need to do this for my girls. They are growing so fast! I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog :)