Thursday, May 13, 2010

TOS Crew Review: Time 4 Learning

As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was given a one month membership to try out Time 4 Learning Preschool. This is a program that combines learning with fun, educational teaching games.

You can track progress as your child chooses categories and develops skills along the way.

My 4 year old counted, did number sequences and had a good time in general. It was easy for him to navigate and J4 just loves a good time on the computer. He also loved that he was the only one who could do Time 4 Learning this time around.
The cost for membership is $19.95 per month for the first child and $14.95 for each additional child.

Keep in mind you it is a pre-K through 8 program, but I only reviewed the preschool level. J4 had a great time playing Time 4 Learning. I think the skill set is great and certainly interactive and enjoyable for kids.

With so many software options for preschoolers, the cost is the biggest issue for me. Paying a $20 monthly fee for my preschooler to play on the computer is just not a high priority for me. He gets plenty of screen time and a lot of variety with the software we already own. Obviously, I try to refrain from giving him so much screen time that he would outgrow the games we have so that a subscription program is necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your Title!!! So clever ;)
And Thanks for the http://www.Time4Learning.com Review.I have been seriously considering it & even thou I see your point on price,For our family $20 a month is a steal for Curriculum $-)
again TY!!!