Thursday, April 29, 2010

TOS Crew Review: The Terrestria Chronicles




As part of the TOS Crew, I was sent two books from Ed Dunlop Ministries. When these arrived I eagerly handed one to E11 for him to read.

The cost for the books is $7.99 each or $19.99 for the set of three.

E11 thought it was an interesting read. He enjoyed the book. However, he thought the author tried too hard to make it a "Christian" book. He felt the author could have spent more time developing the plot line rather than concentrating so hard on making it a religious book.

I take this to mean that you can give stories Christian morals without making it so blatant. Take the Chronicles of Narnia for example. Classic allegory which doesn't hit you over the head with the Christianity at every turn in the book.

The author's aim is to encourage young readers to listen to the right voices. Perhaps I should have chosen a different reader in my house. I7 might really enjoy this series. E11 has a discerning palette for good books. He sees through formula in an instant.

My opinion is that if you have a reader in your house and you are looking for a wholesome library of tales, then Tales from Terrestria is a safe place to land.

No comments: