Saturday, January 30, 2010

Caves- Preschool Style

Hello from Denver, Colorado!

I've been here since Wednesday night enjoying some primo training time at MOPS Int'l headquarters! So, while I have just a moment...I wanted to be sure and update my blog while I can. We've been getting some technology training (so we can connect with moms and MOPS Leaders better) and what a scary thought that if I don't blog for five days- I'm irrelevant! So...here I am! Phew...that was close.

So, you might remember that we've been studying caves. The other night J4 requested a reading on Rocks and Minerals and of course I obliged. How fun that he assisted with his head lamp. He is all about rock types and cross sections of the earth. He likes to point to the different layers and name them.

J4 sports his head lamp while I read about Rocks and Minerals at bedtime- at his request.

Future geologist? Maybe... for now he is just crazy cute with that head lamp. Every kid needs to have one. WAY better than a book light.

I'm looking forward to catching up on the cave reading once I arrive back in NY Sunday evening.

Until then...I will continue experiencing the Rocky Mountain High. The Rockies are still stunning (if you've been reading a while, you might remember I saw them for the first time this time last year and it took my breath away).

And I enjoyed a Sonic drink for the first time on this trip. My MOPS staff prayer partner gave me a Sonic gift card for my birthday in November. I've been waiting to use it here in Denver ever since.

Daily slushie goodness. It's everything I thought it would be.

3 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you're having a good trip! How do you survive without a Sonic??

Heather said...

I don't know Jen!! I sure wish we had one nearby though. Slushies are the best.

The Reynolds said...

Good to hear from you! I agree - the Rockies are stunning and my first trip to Sonic was out west too! ( In Idaho)

Gotta love those headlamps. Hey, a great geological field trip is the gorge at Niagara Falls. Very interesting! ( And you can stop by ~ we're on the way.....*wink*)