Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sewing Camp

We were fortunate to have had the chance to send R9 to a half day sewing class every day last week. She had the best time and can hardly wait to return again for another one. From 9am to noon she got to spend time with other 8 to 12 yr old girls and create with recycled fabrics at a "green" sewing place nearby.

The first day she made a bag to hold all the creations for the week. She also started a little hand sewn flower.

Day 2- pot holder...check out the star in the middle. She did that free hand.
Day 3- an apron...

...and it's reversable!

Day 4- she designed some capris

Day 5- finished the capris and made this sweet little tshirt skirt

Finally the take home stash of fun fabric. These will come in handy as she practices and designs new things.
R9 has truly found her niche. She has announced she is willing to give up softball to sew! We are excited that she has found something that she delights in that she can pursue. We are eagerly looking forward to the new class schedule. Fashion designers look out. She has her own style and she's on her way! She wore this outfit the other day and received a number of compliments on it. She thought that was fun especially when she had the chance to tell them she'd made it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! She sure is creative!
Love Aunt Kim

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Good for her!

Morgan said...

How fun! It's so great to see she has found something she loves! Tell her from one sewer to another, I love what she made!

Tammy G said...

How neat, I can't believe the amount of things she made, all in one week.

Anonymous said...

R9 -- I loved all of your creations! What a fun class. You are very talented. I look forward to doing some more sewing projects with you some time.

love, Grandma

Fairly local said...

That looks like a lot of sewing for 1 week. She did a great job. I like that she is learning that skill. My girls like to sew but their grandmother is teaching them as I did not get a chance to learn how from my mom. (She did not sew) Anyway, GREAT!

Chris Worthy said...

I want to go to sewing camp. :)

Dana Leeds said...

I wish my dd could go to sewing camp,too! In fact, we found a wonderful sewing teacher... but we are just too busy this semester. Maybe in the spring??? Or, maybe I'll ask if she can do a winter camp. :-)

Toni said...

what lovely things she has made I love that apron, so sweet. So nice to find such a camp , wish we had that around here.