Welcome to the Ten Weeks of Top Ten Lists sponsored by Many Little Blessings and the iHomeschoolNetwork.com. Bunches of bloggers will be sharing their Top Ten lists on various topics over the next ten weeks.
Please be sure to subscribe by email or follow Blog, She Wrote using the sidebar buttons, so you don't miss any of my Top Ten Favorites!
This Week's topic is Top 10 Reasons we are looking forward to a new Homeschooling Year. In no particular order, here we go:
- New Beginnings- a new school year is a chance to start over no matter how the previous year ended.
- New Supplies- because really...who among us does not love new school supplies and materials?
- New or Revised Goals- it's a chance to really consider our children anew and adjust the direction and intention of their schooling.
- New House- beginning with this new homeschool year, we'll be in our long awaited new home (as of Friday/Saturday!)
- New Learning Areas- along with a new home (and more than one bathroom for the six of us) we will have new learning areas to spread out in!
- New home for the computers- that will be distant from our school table (which right now is right behind the computer desk). This will mean less distraction for the kids all around. Sure it will!
- New location- ok so the new house is a big deal, but we will be in town and just a few minutes away from our co-op rather than our current half hour.
- New Course Work- everyone looks forward to a new focus for the year. Want a preview? We'll be doing second grade FIAR, Quilting with History, American Government- including electoral process, formation, and lots of Founding Father stuff, Above and Beyond FIAR, BYFIAR, and more One Year Adventure Novel. Oh and Chemistry! Plenty of chemistry for the whole family...
- New Math Ideas and Activities- I have some fun plans to sit down with my kids and really enjoy math with them with games, cooking, projects, and notebooking. I'm really jazzed about it!
- New Opportunities- I have plans to create more margin in our school days and continue with Sewing Camp (in our new and bigger location) and I'd like to do a Book Club for the kids.