Wednesday, November 16, 2011

10 Days of Science with Math: Relevant Resources


Today I want to share with you another great resource for math in your science. I discovered Yummy Math sometime during the last school year and it is really good stuff! I like to just see what is up on the home page because it always has seasonal items and current events right there. However, you can always search the site for topics that relate to what you are studying right now.

This is primarily middle school math, but you could modify the activities for younger kids. Lots of pre-algebra skills and beyond. Last year my then 7th grader was graphing lines and conic sections...how can you go wrong with an activity that asks your student to graph the parabola he is going to make as he shovels snow in the driveway? How?

Here are a few fine examples so you can have a guided glimpse!

I could go on and on! Seriously, this is an amazing resource for applied math. You won't be disappointed when you go looking for something relevant for math in your science.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have another resource to share, please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!


**********************************************************************************
Be sure to visit these brilliant women during our 10 days adventure between November 7th-18th! I love these ladies and we know you will too.

10 days of Character Studies | Confessions of a Homeschooler
10 days of Christmas Countdown Ideas | Milk & Cookies
10 days of Creative Writing | Chocolate on My Cranium
10 days of Crockpot Meals | The Happy Housewife
10 Days to a Godly Marriage | Women Living Well
10 Days of Growing Leaders | Mom's Mustard Seeds
10 Days of Homeschooling High School | Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
10 days of I Wish I Had Known | Fruit in Season
10 days of Keeping Your Marbles | The Tie That Binds Us
10 days of Kid-friendly Food | Planner Perfect
10 Days of Language Arts Lesson Planning | Jimmie's Collage
10 Days of Learning Apps | Daze of Adventure
10 Days of a Mason Jar Christmas | Cajun Joie de Vivre
10 Days of More JESUS in Christmas | Preschoolers and Peace
10 Days to a Peaceful Home | Raising Arrows
10 Days of Raising a Life-Long-Learner | Bright Ideas Press
10 days of Science with Math | Blog, She Wrote
10 days of Teaching Values | Our Journey Westward
10 days of Winning your Child's Heart | I Take Joy

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I never heard of this site. I am going to check it out now. Sounds really awesome!

e-Expeditions said...

What a fantastic site! Thanks so much for the recommendation--it's exactly what I needed. :)

Laurie said...

I have not had much time to thoroughly read blogs lately, but I hope to set aside some time soon to read through your "10 days" posts. They all look very helpful! Thank you for all the time you must have put in to these.

Heather said...

Thanks Laurie! I hope you enjoy them.

Ladies this site is fantastic. Just today there's mashed potato math. Fun stuff!

Heather