Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Fizzy Foamy Science

We took some time the other day to do more Fizzy Foamy Science. J5 LOVES this kit. What's not to love? You get to combine chemicals and watch things happen. Last time we dissolved citric acid in water and added baking soda to watch it fizz. This time we tested different household substances to see if they were acids.

Testing for an acid
J5's able assistant was interested in joining him in his efforts this time.

Yes! We have an acid!

We tested:
  • juice
  • soda
  • milk
  • lemon juice
  • vinegar
Care to guess the results? If I were doing this with all the kids or even just not on the fly, I would have created a little chart for him to mark. Next time we pull it out we'll review this one and maybe do the chart then.

I wonder what is in store next for scientist/engineer J5...who just the other day took apart a kaleidoscope to see how it worked.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Ok, personally my favorite thing about this post is he's doing his science experimenting on princess plates. Awesome!

Heather said...

Alice I totally agree! I was going to mention it in the post and wondered if anyone would notice.

You win!

Heather