Monday, March 22, 2010

Angelo: Vocabulary

Sometimes when there is a big list of words for a book or study, I type them up and cut the words and definitions into strips. Then the kids can spend time trying to figure out how they match up.

The older kids are pretty good at doing them without help. I7 got some dictionary lessons this time so he could look up the words he couldn't match.


I7 matches up his vocabulary.
Sometimes we put them in pockets as pictured above and glue the pockets into the notebooks. Other times I have the kids glue them down matched onto paper to put in the notebook. There's value in both. If you leave them loose it makes for a nice review to do it again.

How do you handle vocabulary at your house?

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

What a great idea! You have inspired me. I am going to do this, I am even going to find a way to include letters and get her to practice her spelling!

Heather said...

Great idea to include spelling. Tell us about it when you come up with how to do it. : )