Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

14 years today!

Dan I love you more with each passing year! Truly...we were chosen for each other.

(photo by E11- how do you like my mom to fourth tee?)

Who knew stamped metal could be so romantic?

He also managed to be sure all the kids were represented. Many letters for many initials.

Here it is! I'm sporting the Dan side today. If you like my new necklace it's a Lisa Leonard Design custom necklace. So fun!
For my part, I replaced Dan's Timex Expedition watch which I washed twice in two weeks and for the record, it's still ticking but it's missing a knob and I can't get the backing back on. I felt slightly responsible, though after 14 years and washing watches multiple times you'd think he'd stop putting them in his pocket. I seriously considered a cheaper water proof version, but you know...there's only so many times a wife can wash one, two, well ahem...three watches in a man's life time. Here's to hoping the next 14 are more kind to Dan's timepieces!

Today we'll have yummy jambalaya- a favorite of Dan's and we'll shop for a new minivan...What?! More on that one later...

Dan, I love you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!

And I have that necklace! Only mine doesn't say "All my love forever, Dan" LOL

Anonymous said...

Oooh I can't resist: Timex, it keeps a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

And what a day to get married. Right before Christmas! (You got married exactly one month after me...well one month and four years)

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Congratulations! We'll celebrate 11 years in June, and I'm HOPING for a Lisa Leonard necklace. Just have to have this third baby before then so we'll have the right name/initials! ;-)

My Blessings From Above said...

Happy Anniversary, Heather and Dan!!

*Heather said...

Happy Anniversary Heather! ;)

Melanie said...

Congrats! I love that necklace. And might I say, you guys are such a cute couple!

Melanie

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! And I love the necklace . . . and the thought your honey put into it!

Jen said...

I'm cracking up at Sheri...

I, too, love the necklace and the shirt. Happy anniversary!

Shonda said...

Happy anniversary!! I love love love that necklace and I want to know where you got that shirt! I want one exactly like it!! Have a great day, friend!

Anonymous said...

14 years...is it possible? How I remember that snowy/icy Sat...a beautiful wedding with the Christmas decorated church and a beautiful bride. I thank the Lord for a dear daughter-in-love who loves our son so much and is such a wonderful mother to four beautiful grandchildren. Of course, I'm not partial or anything! smile
love, Grandma

Kristina said...

I am lusting for your necklace, well, mine would say from Paul etc. You get my drift.

I don't wash watches so much as chapstick!

I like your mom to the fourth tee... where did you pick that up?
Congrats on the anniversary!

Heather said...

Thanks ladies!

The Mom 4 tee came from the MOPS International Convention in the fall.

Let me see if I can find out the name of the vendor.

kim wright said...

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing...I too remember that night...and the weather and the pretty church...will we see the new van soon?

Love Kim
Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary! Yay! That's awesome. Congrats on the new van too. I know that's exciting! Yee Haw

Lynn

Elinette said...

Happy anniversary, Heather. And many more decades together to you two. : )