Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Planting

We finally grabbed a moment to plant more seeds. Can I just say I hope this all works?! In a few weeks it will be time to transplant our more ready seedlings. The pumpkins are ready. I'm just sayin'. Really ready.

I have two more flats to plant. Hopefully, we'll finish our outdoor garden design in the next two weeks. Then we can get these in the ground. Unfortunately, I think we need a fence of some sort too. What with the family of groundhogs living under the shed next door. And the rabbits that hang out in our yard. I'm gonna have to turn into Mr. McGregor, but I'm not into rabbit pie or stew. Or groundhog for that matter.


We still need to plant these little kits. What can I say? Wegmans had these Veggie Tale kits on sale! They are snapdragons.

We transplanted our sunflower to a new, bigger pot. I'm not sure it will perk up, but we'll see.

I-6 fills a pot with new soil.

E10 fills our seedling flat.

We started some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, watermelon, broccoli, and carrots in here. I think. I'm not exactly sure, but the sticks won't lie. This is a little greenhouse deal so there is a lid on the tray now. We are watching and waiting.

Meanwhile, the window sills downstairs are already full of all the pots with seeds we planted at the library program. Everything has come up! The radishes are doing well along with the aforementioned pumpkins, marigolds, sweet peas, sunflowers, and tomatoes.

J3 planted more marigolds at MOPS yesterday and we have a small tray with lupines in it. I think there may be lupines in the big tray as well.

With all the seed packets I've been working on a seed sorting activity for our younger kids. I'll post that when it's ready.

No comments: