Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Polar Express Day

Once I took a peek at Deleise's Polar Express Day over at Fireside, I knew we had to give this a try. We did tweak things for our family a bit, but it was a fun day none-the-less. The kids were treated to a snowball donut breakfast (harder to find than one would imagine) and they knew to expect a few more fun things this weekend.

Their tickets entitled them to some snow play outside and a movie for sure.


In the end, the older kids went sledding on our village sledding hill. Yes. We have one of those. It's actually pretty cool. Reminds me that when E10 was at the local school for K and part of 1st grade, they used to sled at recess. How cool is that?

Next year I will plan for this a bit more and not try it last minute. Thanks Deleise for a fun family idea!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Organic Nest said...

Great idea! We love the story and movie of Polar Express. Where my extended family lives in NH, they even have an actual Polar Express Train Ride experience where kids, dressed only in pjs, take a train ride and are served hot cocoa and cookies and are read the storybook! Someday we'll visit at the right time for that :) ~Jenny

Maila said...

I love the idea! I will try it out as soon as it snows here in Estonia:)

You have so cute family and I like your blog.

deleise said...

Oh I am so jealous! Polar Express Day with REAL sledding? Be still my heart...

Anonymous said...

Heather, you rock. I noticed on Deleise's blog you mentioned posting a recipe....


......waiting....

cj