Thursday, September 4, 2008

Letter Time with J3

J3 came to me yesterday afternoon with his dumptruck saying I want to play with tiles. That usually means he wants to take out the Bananagrams game and scoop the letters and dump them. Which of course means that I get to play letters with him at the same time.

Can you name this one? What does T say? That sort of thing. Since he loves to watch the Leapfrog videos on occasion, he has a lot of sounds and letters nailed down.

Here he insisted on making a row of Rs. He kept saying, "I need more Rs!"

He knows the first letter of his name and I'm working on getting him to recognize what is whole name looks like. I line up the letters and ask him what it is. Soon I hope I can have him arrange the letters of his name in order on his own. What...he's only 3 you say? Yeah...but he's good for it.

Moms and Dads....are you taking notes? Ways I can spend time with J3 in November...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to go back to your OP to find out what the tiles were that J was playing with. Those look great and perfect for A because we'll be working on letters this year. As I was searching for bananagrams, I found the deluxe edition. What would you recommend, regular or deluxe?